In the past I have always used store bought tufts when basing my armies, but over the years I’ve found myself re-basing more and more figures as my taste in rule sets has changed over time. The end result is that all the (some what pricey) store bought tufts are lost every time the old stands are stripped of their figures. So in a bid to save some money I started watching a few you tube videos on how to go about making your own tufts. The two main ways to achieve this is to use either a flock box or a static grass applicator. The flock box seems to do a great job all be it in small bites and with what looks to be a fairly messy process. Another draw back to this method (for me) would be that the flock box is a bit of a one trick pony (making tufts and that’s it). From what I’ve seem a similar result can be achieved in larger quantities with the static grass applicator I currently use to flock my terrain boards.